Ingredients - Cake
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup cherry greek yogurt
- 1 cup dried cherries (can sub raisins or craisins)
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (we like almond and walnuts)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs
Ingredients - Icing
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 1/2 cup Wander Moroccan Peanut Butter
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat over to 350 degrees. Grease and lightly flour bottom and sides of a 13x9-inch pan or 2 8- or 9- inch round pans.
- Pour all cake ingredients into a large bowl and mix together with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds or until fully combined, scraping the bowl constantly.
- Turn the electric mixer to high and beat for another 3 minutes, scraping the bowl occasionally.
- Pour batter into pan(s) and bake the 13x9-inch pan 40-45 minutes, round pans 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool the 13x9-inch cake in pan on cooling racks. Cool the rounds in pan for 10 minutes then remove from pans onto cooling racks. Leave them to cool completely, approximately 1 hour.
- While you wait for the cakes to cool, make the icing!
- Mix powdered sugar and peanut butter in a large bowl with a spoon or electric mixer on low speed.
- Once combined, add vanilla and 2 Tbsp of the milk.
- Gradually mix in just enough remaining milk to make the frosting smooth and spreadable.
- Too thick? Add more milk. Too thin? Add more icing sugar.
- Once the cakes are fully cooled, frost with icing.